Can I Refreeze Raw Dog Food?

Guest heathertrent

Guest heathertrent

I ordered premade, ground raw dog food, some with ground bone, that will be frozen when I pick it up Friday. I ordered beef, turkey, chicken, quail, duck, and two that are a mix of chicken and beef with organs. The man who owns the company said I can't thaw it and then refreeze it. I have read on several forums that others refreeze their dog food with no problem. Will it make him sick if I thaw it out and refreeze it? I would like to thaw it and divide it into bags so that it is measured already for each feeding. Thank you!

Michelle

Guest heathertrent

Thank you everyone. Each case is packaged in 15 rolls, 2 pounds each. My plan is to go through all of it Saturday and repackage it in ziplock bags. I am giving him 12 ounces each meal so that will be 400 bags! It will be worth it when I am done, though. I am going to give him one of these mixes in the mornings and a chicken leg quarter or something similar in the evenings.

Guest heathertrent

I am getting 7 different kinds so I am only going to be feeding each kind once a week since I will be giving him something fresh with bones in the evening. I think it will be easier to just spend one day sorting it and have it labeled. Thank you.

Michelle