Black Fly Bites...normal?

Guest maryngus

Guest maryngus

hello all! it's summer in maine, and gus and i went out into the woods yesterday to visit a friend for her yurt raising (amazing!). while out there, gus and i were both bitten by black flies. gus is well protected with frontline plus, but his bite marks look very red. he is not scratching, and doesn't seem to care at all about them...but take a look...any thoughts? just normal marks? thanks:)

blog411.jpg

on an up note, here is another image from yesterday, at the not-buggy-at-all spring point lighthouse. ahhh....

blog384.jpg

thanks all!

My boy, Toby, used to get those bites all the time in the spring and summer (he went to the bridge last February at age 12). They didn't bother him, but he'd get them almost constantly in black fly weather. I often sprayed him with Off bug repellent - the kind that was safe for kids - and that helped a bit.

Good luck!

Pat

Guest maryngus

thank you both for your thoughts! it's been another hot one today...gus got the hose twice...! how cute he is when he shakes off all over the kitchen...heh heh...

thanks again :) :)

Guest sdaniw
thats them all right.

Antibacterial cream will take them away overnight.

Joan, what kind of Anti-bacterial cream do you suggest?

Guest MAXNAV

The mosquitos and black flies go after Navigator too. They've been awful here. Pretty soon we'll be attacked by the horse flies. They attack with a vegence! We're here in NH. I told hubby that people in the neighborhood must think I'm really weird, picking and batting away flies off my pooch. They always seem to hibernate way up in the creases of his back legs. It must look really weird to see me checking him in that area for bugs. HA!